CAPSIM is your specialist partner on the behaviour of electrical networks and electrotechnical systems
CAPSIM is an independent electrical technology design office.
Specializing in providing assistance to those carrying out major and minor work on electricity grids and energy systems, CAPSIM operates in a large number of fields of activity, from the transport industry to defence and research.
Its skills run from the complete performance of static sizing studies to expertise in transient phenomena and are based on the following areas of expertise:
- Low voltage electro-technology and electrical networks at the HVB level (machines, distribution and transport equipment, protection systems, etc.),
- Primary energy sources (diesel motors, gas and steam turbines, solar, wind, etc.),
- Power electronics (converters, variators, etc.),
- Expertise on interface with electrical equipment (mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, control and regulation).
CAPSIM has been ISO 9001 certified (Version 2008) since 2003. [...]
Electrical power grid studies
- Electricity transport and distribution
- Heavy industry
- Nuclear and thermal production
- Renewable energy
- Research and innovation
Our last achievement
Reliability report on distribution electrical network
Capsim has produced an extensive Reliability report that includes:
- Functional Block Diagram: using the single line diagrams, a block diagram is produced, this diagram includes the interactions between the network elements, from generators to circuit-breakers and cables or even safety components.
- Preliminary Hazards/Risks Analysis: A generic checklist is gone through in order to identify the risks that are likely to happen on the network. Then a table with all the scenarios that could lead to all undesired states of the system identified. Finally the undesired states of the system are classified by severity.
- The Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis: this step allows the evaluation of one individual element failure on the global system. Once it’s completed the high risk elements are identified.
- Fault Tree Analysis: the most severe undesired states of the system are analyzed with the Fault Tree method that allows to compute the Failure Rate as well as the Mean Time To Repair. [...]
Capsim is a member of the CAPENERGIES competitiveness cluster.
- User Conference ETAP 2015
Capsim has recently intervened during the ETAP User Conference 2015 at Irvine in California: Motor acceleration analysis for floating platforms – Ichthys case study
- Invest’€lec tradeshow of Yaounde
Capsim took part in the Invest’€lec tradeshow of Yaounde (Cameroon) in March 2015 and intervened regarding the impact of renewable energy power stations into electrical grids.
- STATIONIS project for floating offshore wind farms
Capsim is currently participating in the STATIONIS research & software development project concerning floating offshore wind farms. We are working on Stationis in collaboration with AbssyCad, Eolfi, Innosea and “Ecole Centrale de Nantes”. Capsim thanks BPI France for supporting it.
- RECP seminar
Capsim participated in the RECP (Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Program) seminar which took place in Ouagadougou regarding photovoltaic projects in sub-Saharan Africa. The intervention was in reference to a study that Capsim realised and concerned the impact of the photovoltaic power station of Zagtouli (33MWp) on the national electrical grid of Burkina Faso.
- CAPSIM and ITER
Capsim has been selected by ITER Organization to perform the technical assistance for the ITER power supply network in Cadarache (France)
- MOSARE DGA
CAPSIM operates its approach of "Maintaining in Operational Condition" of the MOSARE Platform (modelisation and simulation of electrical structures) for the French Defence Procurement Agency (DGA). Click here for further information.
- ISO-9001 certification
Capsim has been ISO 9001 certified (version 2015) since 2003.
- Joining Capsim
Capsim is recruiting ! Click here for further information
- CAPSIM as ETAP solution provider
CAPSIM has been selected as ETAP solution provider by OTI !
CAPSIM - Les Grandes Terres - 13650 MEYRARGUES - France
Tel : +33 (0)4 42 63 61 18 - Fax : +33 (0)4 42 63 61 19