Analysis of the earth network for an electric substation
|You can contact the CAPSIM's specialist of this activity:|
- By email
- By phone: +33 (0)4 42 63 61 18
Requirement: Earth potentia for 5000V, 1500V and 650V zones
For the extension of the EDF Saint Raphael source substation, EDF wished to validate the sizing of the earthing system of the substation.
CAPSIM built a numerical model of the earthing system of the installation in ETAP software. Once validated, the model was used for the following analyses:
- Verification of the sizing of the conductors,
- Calculation of the step voltages and comparison to expected normative levels,
- Calculation of the global impedance level of the earthing system,
- Calculation of values regarding earth potential and identification of the following limitation zones:
- 5000V: maximum acceptable earth potential so as not to deteriorate equipment in the substation,
- 1500V: maximum acceptable earth potential so as not to deteriorate third party equipment,
- 650V: maximum acceptable earth potential so as not to deteriorate telecommunication equipment.
During this study, calculation iterations (increasing in earthing system mesh, addition of earth rods, etc...) were done in order to respect the various constraints.
The calculation report hence emitted by CAPSIM allowed the client to obtain an earthing system which was normatively correctly sized.
CAPSIM - Les Grandes Terres - 13650 MEYRARGUES - France
Tel : +33 (0)4 42 63 61 18 - Fax : +33 (0)4 42 63 61 19